v3.3.0 is now out!
odo, follow the installation guide.
Check this Playlist for an overview of the most notable changes in this release: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGMB2PY4SNOr5pjbPTdcWsIrOezCPXWdX
There is now an Experimental Mode in
odo that can be enabled by exporting
ODO_EXPERIMENTAL_MODE=true to your environment. All the new features will be generally available under this mode, giving you an opportunity to try them out sooner.
Learn more about the experimental mode in this doc.
You can now use
odo dev to run your application on Podman.
odo leverages the benefit of Podman to work seamlessly with Kubernetes YAML and replicate them to containers locally.
This is an experimental feature and can be used with
Applications deployed in the
Deploy mode often include resources such as Routes (on OpenShift) and Ingresses (on Kubernetes) to allow access to an application.
odo describe component can now list these resources.
As with every release, you can find the full list of changes and bug fixes on the GitHub release page.
- Add support for an experimental mode #6300 (rm3l)
- Adds ability to list namespaces in JSON format #6295 (dharmit)
- Centralize environment configuration #6293 (feloy)
- display equivalent odo init command for odo init interactive #6265 (anandrkskd)
odo delete component --filesto delete files generated by
- List Routes/Ingresses created by
odo describe component#6244 (valaparthvi)
- Podman dev #6183 (feloy)
- Update odo to use go 1.18 #6166 (dharmit)
- Disable loading a single branch when getting git starter project #6290 (feloy)
- fix to prioritize newly added registry #6289 (anandrkskd)
- fix login failure on interop tests with error: x509 #6288 (anandrkskd)
- Sanitize value for 'app.openshift.io/runtime' label #6284 (rm3l)
- If command has only one command assume that it is default #6281 (kadel)
- resolve inconsistent order of registries in preference view #6266 (anandrkskd)
- Fix rpminspect specname inspection failure #6241 (rm3l)
odo devdeletes remote resources not present in the Devfile #6189 (valaparthvi)
- Update odo describe output in docs #6323 (valaparthvi)
- Website: Bump typescript from 4.8.4 to 4.9.3 in /docs/website #6322 (dependabot[bot])
- Add YouTube link to docs footer #6306 (valaparthvi)
- Website: Bump @docusaurus/* from 2.1.0 to 2.2.0 in /docs/website #6273 (dependabot[bot])
- Make Quickstart docs consistent #6271 (SD-13)
- check if bindable-kind instance is up before test #6310 (anandrkskd)
- Build and push .ibm/images/Dockerfile image #6309 (feloy)
- InterOP: enable test report generation for tests #6307 (anandrkskd)
- More tests without cluster #6303 (feloy)
- Change expecations to match reality #6292 (dharmit)
- Isolate no cluster tests #6242 (feloy)
- Remove localconfig LocalConfigProvider abstraction #6285 (feloy)
- Make functions for executing run command reusable #6277 (feloy)
- Make 'pkg/logs' platform-agnostic #6251 (rm3l)
Merged pull requests:
- Bump odo version to v3.3.0 #6325 (valaparthvi)
- Go: Bump github.com/mattn/go-colorable from 0.1.9 to 0.1.13 #6321 (dependabot[bot])
- Remove Dharmit from OWNERS files across the repo #6320 (dharmit)
- Debug validate errors on IBM Cloud #6311 (feloy)
- Website: Bump typescript from 4.8.3 to 4.8.4 in /docs/website #6305 (dependabot[bot])
- Website: Bump @svgr/webpack from 6.5.0 to 6.5.1 in /docs/website #6287 (dependabot[bot])
- Go: Bump github.com/olekukonko/tablewriter from 0.0.4 to 0.0.5 #6286 (dependabot[bot])
Contributing to odo
odo interests you, and you would like to contribute to it, we welcome you!
You can contribute to
odo in a lot of different ways!
Take it for a spin 🚘 and report back bugs🐞 that you encountered, or features🌟 that you would like to see.
Help us with the documentation📜, or tell us how you used
Review the PRs👀, or help us fix a failing test 🚩.
Work on the TODOs📝, or help us cleanup the code🚮.
Or, simply tune in📻 to our contributor calls and learn more about
odo is your playground!
Read the developer reference guide on contributing to odo to know more.