v3.6.0 is now out!
odo, follow the installation guide.
Check this Playlist for an overview of the most notable changes in this release: odo v3.6.0 (Sprint 230)
Extend pod and container specification with Devfile attributes
It is now possible to extend a pod and its container specification by using
container-overrides Devfile attributes.
This feature allows you to modify pod specifications such as Service Account, Scheduler Name, Security Context, etc and container specifications such as Security Context, and Resources. However, it restricts from modifying pod specifications such as Init Containers, Containers, and Volumes; and container specifications such as Volume Mounts, Image, Ports, Name, Env, Args, and Commands.
pod-overrides can be specified at both the Component and Devfile attributes levels while
container-overrides can only be specified at the Component level. If an attribute is defined at both levels, a strategic merge patch will be used to merge them both.
odo delete component now has a new
--running-in flag can be used with
odo delete component to specify the mode in which resources should be deleted. There are 2 modes to choose from "dev", and "deploy". By default, the commands deletes all the resources regardless of the mode.
To delete resources running in 'Dev' mode, i.e. resources created by
odo dev use
To delete resources running in 'Deploy' mode, i.e. resources created by
odo deploy use
odo can now be used inside DevSpaces
Port forwarding done by
odo dev now uses port numbers starting from 20001 instead of 40001. This change was made to make it possible to run odo inside DevSpaces.
This is a possible breaking change. For more information or any questions, see the issue #6483.
odo describe component displays remote source code location for every containers
odo describe component now shows where the source code is located on your container. It uses the devfile container spec
sourceMapping to determine the location of a mounted source code.
odo dev on podman now logs errors when the command fails to run
odo dev when running on podman now logs error when the command fails to run. In the previous versions of
odo this was possible with cluster only.
As with every release, you can find the full list of changes and bug fixes on the GitHub release page.
Release of v3.6.0
- Set experimental mode in telemetry #6520 (feloy)
- Change port range used for port-forwarding endpoints to start at 20001 #6519 (feloy)
- Update devfile/library to support pod-overrides and container-overrides attributes and add integration test for it #6512 (valaparthvi)
- Port-forward Debug endpoints only when running
- odo describe component: display remote source code location for each container component #6497 (valaparthvi)
odo delete component --running-in#6485 (rm3l)
- [podman] show logs when command fails #6481 (feloy)
- Display a warning that "odo dev" on Podman needs to be restarted if the Devfile is changed #6477 (rm3l)
- Ignore and show warning when handling Kubernetes components on Podman #6471 (valaparthvi)
- Refactor Advanced guide doc to use framework specific output #6444 (valaparthvi)
- Refactor Quickstart guide doc to use framework specific output #6443 (valaparthvi)
- Add instructions to quickstart guide to create and cd into a directory #6511 (valaparthvi)
- hotReloadCapable recognized on podman #6509 (feloy)
- Fix: odo dev unable to sync files with name containing special characters #6507 (valaparthvi)
- Fix typo with file_indexer.go #6502 (valaparthvi)
- Fix adding .odo to .gitignore file #6495 (feloy)
- Compatibility with podman v3 #6474 (feloy)
- Do not output log to stdout #6473 (feloy)
- Make odo dev work if no endpoint is defined #6472 (feloy)
- Remove extra caution from Java Quickstart #6467 (valaparthvi)
- Fix odo init output in java quickstart guide #6462 (valaparthvi)
- Get binding information without cluster connection #6432 (feloy)
- Change wording for dev/deploy #6408 (feloy)
- Automate Doc: Quickstart Guides #6470 (valaparthvi)
- Tell readers of the QuickStart Guide to select "Maven" on Spring Initializr #6469 (rm3l)
- [docs] Add note to use SpringBoot 2.7 #6464 (kadel)
- Release PR for v3.5.0 #6454 (github-actions[bot])
- Doc Automation: Command Reference: odo init #6442 (valaparthvi)
- Make doc tests pass #6516 (feloy)
- Add more tests for odo dev on Podman (3) #6515 (feloy)
- Make sure to use random component names when copying sample Devfiles in integration tests #6504 (rm3l)
- Isolate Podman tests in namespaces #6499 (rm3l)
- Add more tests for odo dev on Podman (1) #6496 (feloy)
- Adding Github Actions for podman testing #6385 (anandrkskd)
Merged pull requests:
- Version bump to 3.6.0 #6528 (valaparthvi)
- Add more tests for odo dev on Podman (2) #6506 (rm3l)
- Go: Bump github.com/tidwall/gjson from 1.14.1 to 1.14.4 #6490 (dependabot[bot])
- Go: Bump github.com/go-openapi/jsonreference from 0.20.0 to 0.20.1 #6476 (dependabot[bot])
* This Changelog was automatically generated by github_changelog_generator
Contributing to odo
odo interests you, and you would like to contribute to it, we welcome you!
You can contribute to
odo in a lot of different ways!
Take it for a spin 🚘 and report back bugs🐞 that you encountered, or features🌟 that you would like to see.
Help us with the documentation📜, or tell us how you used
Review the PRs👀, or help us fix a failing test 🚩.
Work on the TODOs📝, or help us cleanup the code🚮.
Or, simply tune in📻 to our contributor calls and learn more about
odo is your playground!
Read the developer reference guide on contributing to odo to know more.