v3.13.0 is now out!
odo, follow the installation guide.
Check this Playlist for an overview of the most notable changes in this release: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGMB2PY4SNOr967FHII4sye2ucBdCuD1b
odo describe component displaying information about the running API Server
odo describe component now displays the information to access the API server started by
odo dev. When this command is executed in Experimental mode, it also displays the information to access the odo graphical user interface.
odo dev --logs displaying logs during a Dev session
Previously it was necessary to execute an
odo logs command in parallel to a Dev session started with
odo dev, to be able to get the logs of the running component.
You can now ask with
odo dev --logs to display the logs of the component in the output of the
odo dev command.
The documentation of the odo API served during a Dev session is accessible from the Dev session itself.
odo Graphical User Interface
The PoC available at https://devfile.odo.dev has been integrated into odo. When running
odo dev in experimental mode, you can access this inteface to view and edit the Devfile used for the Dev session.
As with every release, you can find the full list of changes and bug fixes on the GitHub release page.
Release of v3.13.0
- Move from github.com/feloy/devfile-builder #6937 (feloy)
- Alert user when Devfile is synced #6996 (feloy)
- Serve SwaggerUI #6989 (feloy)
- Remove API Server from experimental mode, set UI Server as experimental #6985 (feloy)
- Add UI telemetry #6981 (feloy)
- Propagate local Devfile changes to the UI #6970 (rm3l)
- Display information about the running API Server and web UI in
odo describe componentoutput #6964 (rm3l)
- Support Architectures in
odo registry#6959 (rm3l)
- odo dev --logs #6957 (feloy)
- Serve UI from api server #6954 (feloy)
- Add new
odo initto set ports non-interactively #6953 (rm3l)
- Implement odo api-server command #6952 (feloy)
- Add /devfile PUT and GET endpoints #6950 (feloy)
- Display list of
commandsfrom the local devfile in
odo describe componentoutput #6944 (rm3l)
- Implement devfile state in odo api #6941 (feloy)
- Watch for new pods when logs --follow #6914 (feloy)
- Fix potential port conflict issue with the API server tests by using a random server port if
--random-portsis set #6995 (rm3l)
- Add Preference dependency to api-server command #6974 (feloy)
- [UX] Fix default value of ImageRegistry in odo preference view output #6951 (valaparthvi)
- Fix oc to odo project translation #6949 (valaparthvi)
- Fix CI Devfile Registry URL used in OCP interop tests #6946 (rm3l)
- Document and return JSON data for API errors #6938 (feloy)
- Update home page with Podman #6988 (feloy)
- Fix invalid links in
v3.11.0blog post #6980 (rm3l)
- Add a Troubleshooting page with most common issues and solutions #6965 (rm3l)
- Release PR for v3.12.0 #6936 (github-actions[bot])
- Fix Dev UI Cypress E2E tests #6967 (rm3l)
- Flake: Attempt at fixing Personalize configuration #6830 (valaparthvi)
- Generate static UI files from within a container #6972 (rm3l)
go.modwith new location of the Alizer library #6962 (rm3l)
Merged pull requests:
- Bump to version 3.13.0 #7000 (feloy)
- Website: Bump @algolia/client-search from 4.17.1 to 4.19.1 in /docs/website #6999 (dependabot[bot])
- Go: Bump github.com/onsi/ginkgo/v2 from 2.9.5 to 2.11.0 #6998 (dependabot[bot])
- Cleanup OWNERS files #6997 (rm3l)
- Website: Bump @segment/snippet from 4.16.0 to 4.16.2 in /docs/website #6969 (dependabot[bot])
- Website: Bump @tsconfig/docusaurus from 1.0.7 to 2.0.0 in /docs/website #6961 (dependabot[bot])
- Go: Bump github.com/operator-framework/api from 0.17.3 to 0.17.6 #6960 (dependabot[bot])
- Go: Bump golang.org/x/sys from 0.8.0 to 0.10.0 #6948 (dependabot[bot])
- Website: Bump prism-react-renderer from 1.3.5 to 2.0.6 in /docs/website #6945 (dependabot[bot])
.gitattributesfile with Git-style path matchers customizing how PR changed files appear on GitHub #6940 (rm3l)
* This Changelog was automatically generated by github_changelog_generator
Contributing to odo
odo interests you, and you would like to contribute to it, we welcome you!
You can contribute to
odo in a lot of different ways!
Take it for a spin 🚘 and report back bugs🐞 that you encountered, or features🌟 that you would like to see.
Help us with the documentation📜, or tell us how you used
Review the PRs👀, or help us fix a failing test 🚩.
Work on the TODOs📝, or help us cleanup the code🚮.
Or, simply tune in📻 to our contributor calls and learn more about
odo is your playground!
Read the developer reference guide on contributing to odo to know more.