v3.10.0 is now out!
odo, follow the installation guide.
Check these playlists for an overview of the most notable changes in this release:
--port-forward to define custom port mapping and
--address to define a custom address for port forwarding during
To enhance the port forwarding feature provided by
odo dev, you can now use custom port mapping with flag
--port-forward and a custom address for ports to listen by passing
Read more about custom port mapping and custom address on
odo dev command reference doc.
Custom Port Mapping for port forwarding:
Custom Address for port forwarding:
Automatically mounting volumes, configmaps, and secrets
You can now automatically mount existing persistent volumes, configmaps and secrets to your
odo dev deployment by applying an appropriate label to them.
Read more about it in Automounting Volumes.
Support variable substitution for
odo build-images now supports the Devfile variable substitution in a similar way as
odo dev and
Read more about it in the
odo build-images command reference doc.
odo dev can run simultaneously on podman and cluster
Allow to cancel
odo dev execution at any phase
In the previous versions,
odo dev could not be cancelled until the build phase was complete. This has now been fixed to allow cancelling
odo dev at any phase.
odo dev handles failing build commands in a better way.
Build command is ideally the first command that is run after the necessary resources are created in the
odo dev workflow. Read How odo works for a better understanding of this.
In the previous versions,
odo dev would run the build command in an infinite loop until it succeeded, which was unnecessary. In v3.10.0 however,
odo dev stops after 1 unsuccessful attempt, and waits for the user to make changes to the project, providing with a slightly better user experience.
PodSecurity Admission: Display duplicate warnings only once
Warnings related to PodSecurity Admission are now printed only once.
Wait until expected ports are opened before starting port-forwarding
odo dev now waits until the application ports are listening before printing the port forwarding information.
As with every release, you can find the full list of changes and bug fixes on the GitHub release page.
Release of v3.10.0
- Support variable substitution with
odo build-images#6776 (rm3l)
- Use custom address for port forwarding #6766 (valaparthvi)
- Add annotation for setting access mode on automounted configmap/secret files #6750 (feloy)
- Use devstats.PID.json as devstate #6713 (feloy)
- Allow users to define custom port-mappings for port forwarding [Kubernetes] #6704 (valaparthvi)
- Wait until expected ports are opened in the container before starting port-forwarding #6701 (rm3l)
- Automount volumes #6698 (feloy)
- Test flaky devfile modification test #6769 (valaparthvi)
- Fix flaky tests using custom port mapping when running specs in parallel #6763 (rm3l)
- Simplify devfile Kubernetes adapter #6762 (feloy)
- Set 'mountSources' to 'true' in some example SpringBoot multi-container Devfiles #6761 (rm3l)
- Check files to sync with gitignore library #6760 (feloy)
- Allow to cancel execution of
odo devat any phase (e.g. if build command is taking long) #6736 (rm3l)
- Fix e2e test failures and doc test failures due to updated devfile registry #6735 (valaparthvi)
- Fix: PodSecurity Admission: Display duplicate warnings only once #6733 (valaparthvi)
- For custom port mapping, handle case where ranged random port matches a custom local port #6727 (valaparthvi)
- Doc automation:Command reference: odo delete,list and set namespace #6756 (ritudes)
- Release PR for v3.9.0 #6718 (github-actions[bot])
- Wait when Build command fails #6771 (feloy)
- Follow-up to comments on #6654 (support for
deployByDefault) #6720 (rm3l)
Merged pull requests:
- Bump version to 3.10.0 #6783 (valaparthvi)
- Website: Bump webpack from 5.80.0 to 5.81.0 in /docs/website #6781 (dependabot[bot])
- PODMAN_USE_NAMESPACES to disable using namespaces on podman integration tests for podman v4.5 #6774 (feloy)
- Website: Bump webpack from 5.79.0 to 5.80.0 in /docs/website #6765 (dependabot[bot])
- Update image for springboot devfiles #6753 (feloy)
- Set vcs-uri annotation on podman #6746 (feloy)
- Document .gitignore and .odoignore usage #6745 (feloy)
- Website: Bump webpack from 5.76.1 to 5.79.0 in /docs/website #6740 (dependabot[bot])
- Cleanup e2e tests #6738 (valaparthvi)
- Fix flaky unit Test_getCompleteCustomPortPairs #6737 (valaparthvi)
- Podman custom port mapping #6729 (valaparthvi)
- Website: Bump @algolia/client-search from 4.15.0 to 4.17.0 in /docs/website #6726 (dependabot[bot])
- Revert "Add DEVFILE_REGISTRY env var for periodic tests (#6709)" #6725 (valaparthvi)
- Doc automation:Command Reference: odo create namespace #6703 (ritudes)
* This Changelog was automatically generated by github_changelog_generator
Contributing to odo
odo interests you, and you would like to contribute to it, we welcome you!
You can contribute to
odo in a lot of different ways!
Take it for a spin 🚘 and report back bugs🐞 that you encountered, or features🌟 that you would like to see.
Help us with the documentation📜, or tell us how you used
Review the PRs👀, or help us fix a failing test 🚩.
Work on the TODOs📝, or help us cleanup the code🚮.
Or, simply tune in📻 to our contributor calls and learn more about
odo is your playground!
Read the developer reference guide on contributing to odo to know more.